Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Cookie Pusher

[ Click Images For A Larger Version ]


Hey! Look what my mom unearthed on her last cleaning spree! All the old cookie cutters we used to use to make cookies when I was a little kid! See the orange ghost? I remember my mom and I making cookies for my 3rd grade class with that one. There was also a jack o'lantern and a witch, but I guess those are still MIA. As you can see from all the colored cookie cutters, we were big on Hallmark stuff. I remember loving to go to Jean's Hallmark in the strip mall. I was obsessed with Snoopy and stationery when I was a little kid and they had it all. Hallmark still has cute stuff, but it's just not the same. They carry (at least the ones here) a little too much foo-foo fluffy angel crap now. You know, Precious Moments figurines and the like.

Anyway, since I cancelled Christmas with my parents again this year, I've decided to spend the day listening to my Christmas records, watching Christmas movies and making cookies of all shapes and sizes. I don't care if it is Christmas, I'm still making some pigs, owls, ghosts and witches. So nyah! Take that PC police.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I have that same orange ghost! AND the matching Jack-o-Lantern! My mom and I would make the ghost and pumpkin cookies for me to bring to school for my birthday (day before Halloween.) Then my mom eventually gave them to me.

Your Xmess plans sound better than mine. :P

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 7:38:00 AM  
Blogger M said...

OMG you loved Snoopy too? I tell you, as a kid I treasured every Snoopy thing I had more than adults treasure pure gold!

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 8:05:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Cheryl-
That's awesome! I do have a kindred cookie spirit (no pun intended)!! I keep hoping my mom will find the other cookie cutters that go with it. It's insane she shit she's been coming over here with. A lot of it is junk to be tossed, but there are a few gems here and there. I'll post them once I get enough of them.

I hope your Xmas went off without a hitch. Mine was uneventful, but peaceful.

Thanks for commenting! :)

Mariana-
I lovvvved Snoopy. I had the bedroom suite (curtains, sheets, pillow cases, bedspread), washclothes, towels, colored pencils, regular pencils, tote bags, sweatshirts, notebooks, stickers, stuffed toys, you name it. I still have a certain connection with Snoopy. Him and Garfield. :)

Friday, December 30, 2005 5:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.