Tuesday, January 03, 2006

While Scooby Doo is Running from a Holy Ghost...


Shaggy is doing what he does the most. Hey come and get involved till the mystery is solved. Hang around for Scooby Doo...Recently, while looking into buying The New Scooby-Doo Movies DVD boxset, I wanted to know which episodes/celebs were included in the boxset. And though there are some good ones (Mama Cass Elliot, The Three Stooges, Speed Buggy) there weren't enough of the ones I really wanted: Sonny & Cher, Phyllis Diller, Sandy Duncan and Josie and The Pussycats.

So, while I was finding out more information about the DVDs, I also had the misfortune to come across some moron's "review" of the new boxset (Here's an excerpt: Click on any of them to enlarge):


Spelling errors aside (by the way 'occultic' is not a word), this has got to be one of the most ridiculous reviews I have read in a while. Why do I not find it surprising that she likes one of the biggest celebrity hicks ever, Jerry Reed? Rest assured, it gets worse. Apparently this Christian has a one-track mind (gasp!), check out another one of her "reviews":


Yikes. It's not sad enough that she's finding fault with an animated cartoon that was made over 30 fuckin' years ago, but now she's bemoaning the "evils" of fortune telling.OMG, that's fuckin' sad. But wait...it gets better:


"Intolerence shown to christians in america." That one had me laughing out loud. I think I may have even snorted. Yeah, Christians are so persecuted here in America. Statistics show that 80% of Americans consider themselves "Christians," and that includes the Easter Sunday/Christmas Eve/armchair variety. Did so-called Christians ever stop to think they brought this Right-Wing stigma upon themselves? It doesn't matter what it is, they're always there trying to "save" everyone (esp. "the children" their favorite scapegoat) from the "evils" of music, movies, television, books, etc. It's like they're never satisfied. They're like a special needs person who won't rest until the entire world is wheelchair-accessible...and once it is, they'll start in with how skateboarders are mocking handicapped people because they use ramps in their "Xtreme" sports. It reminds me of an episode of Square Pegs where the annoying brown-noser girl was forever tattling/finding fault with and/or correcting someone or something. She raises her hand in class and in a drained way, the teacher says "What is it, Muffy, something?" That's the point I've gotten to with the whole Christian agenda.

I also find it hilariously one-sided how Christians love to collectively pull the word persecution outta their ass anytime something they don't like/agree with comes along. We saw a lot of that this "Holiday" season (AKA Christmas). Are these people ever going to get a life and concentrate on themselves and what makes them happy instead of trying to dictate what should make everyone else happy? I'm so tired of it already.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly Kirk! Don't you know we "persecute" them simply by existing?

In the Fundy/Christian Taliban/Dubya Amerika the new rule is:
Disagreement = Attack

How I hate them.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:28:00 AM  
Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

Looks like Marguerite Perrin bought a computer with some of her prize money. ;)

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:12:00 AM  
Blogger M said...

It's such hypocrisy for Christians to claim that anyone who mocks or criticizes Christianity in any way is being as disrespectful as they would be if they were making fun of any other culture/religion. Not really, no -- because they're invariably people making fun of their own culture and religion.

I can understand it if people take offense at an outsider being judgmental; but if you can't make fun of yourself, of your own culture, of your own religion, of your country, of your own government, etc, etc, than pray what can you make fun of? I think the 'something' they object to is sense of humour itself.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find the entire issue just boring and over-emphasized from both sides. As a Christian myself, I'm not really down with witches (not cartoon witches, I mean the overweight goth chick that thinks she's a REAL witch), and whatnot, but Scooby-Doo and Raven are NOT "the occult"! It's called fantasy, you know make-believe! Escapist fantasy that stays within the bounds of family values is in no way a threat to children or Christians. And as far as that woman's opinions are concerned...

::Osmonds impression::
"One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, babe..."
::Osmonds impression end::

Everyone just needs to chill... have a Skittle, even!

p.s.
I will never do an Osmonds reference ever again.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger Cole said...

Ahh..Scooby Doo - I am so thankful for the Boomerang channel. My daughter can now watch Scooby Doo and I can watch it with her without wanting rip my hair out....man some of the cartoons today are really freaky (freaky meaning whackout characters that I would run from if I saw them in person - (example: Lazytown). I love the Scooby Doo with Don Knotts, or the one with the glowing ghost!!!! Everyone who doesn't dig some Scooby can put a cork in it - Cole

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Cheryl-
Oh, I know. Trust me, I know. I live in a red(neck) state, remember. God, how I hope people make the right choice come 2008. I hope I survive to see 2008. I'm sure the robot armies of Justice are already being formed.

Tickles Tapeworm-
LOL! No shit! And speaking of (I hope you're sitting down), did you know she now has her own goddamn WEB SITE!??! I'm totally serious: Marguerite Perrin (coming in January 2006). I've seen some recent pictures of her and apparently she got the gastric bypass with the ill-begotten money she turned away ('cause she's a toothless God Warrior, ya know...and thus has a price like everyone else). She also got a sassy new haircut (hair dye and stylists are the Devil's henchmen). Oy vey. Media whore. I'm just waiting for her line of Christian-friendly "gargiles" (AKA gargoyles) to come out. Whatever.

Mariana-
Oh, Mariana, you should realize that Christians have no sense of humor or vision. Their idea of "high concept" is an episode of Blue Collar TV or Touched by an Angel. I've given up trying to understand them. The majority of them are all the same: Sugar 'n spice facade on the outside with nothing but bigotry and venom for anything they deem unconventional, on the inside. Good riddance.

Rene-
I can understand that. I get tired of it too, but they make it soooo easy to be a target when they come out with stupid shit like this. Just look at Pat Robertson. And yes, I realize those are two extreme cases and that not all people who consider themselves Christians are necessarily bad people, but I can't help but be biased when I repeatedly read about the stupid shit some of them say and do.

P.s. I likes me som Skittles! As a matter of fact, I just bought a big ol' bag of 'em! I likes the lemon and strawberry best! ;)

Cole-
LOL! Funny you should mention LazyTown. I have such a crush on Sportacus (AKA Magnús Scheving...whatta hot lil' bod he has + I find the weirdo clothes and mustache sexy for some reason) and Robbie Rotten (AKA Stefán Karl Stefánsson), who is actually quite handsome in real life (and whom I also find strangely appealing in costume...don't ask, I dunno why either).

And I agree, with the exception of those godawful animated and live-action new Scooby-Doo movies aside (with the exception of Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, which is quite good, actually), who doesn't love Scooby? I also loved the Don Knotts episode. He's always be The Incredible Mr. Limpet, (The Ghost and) Mr. Chicken and Mister Furley to me!

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.