Friday, October 14, 2005

Lost 'n Found -or- Hey! Look What I Found in My Drawers! Vol. 3

Have you ever ran across something you'd given up looking for and when you finally do find it, it's like finding money in your pocket you forgot about? Well, I've been looking for a particular box of videos for nearly 3 years now. It contained all these great movies on VHS that aren't available on DVD. Well, since it's been so long, some of them have actually found their way to DVD, but a lot of them haven't.

I have a tendency to get a "craving" for a particular movie at a particular time, and I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to watch one of these movies, but I couldn't find them...until now! While in the garage, looking for VHS to record on, I removed one layer of VHS and there below it, were all my long-lost movies! Wheee! I'm giddy as a schoolgirl!

Pulsebeat © 1984
Comment: Daniel Green (Elvira's love interest in her movie Elvira Mistress of the Dark...another favorite!) is fuckin' H-O-T in this movie. Eighties movie about an aerobics competition between competing health clubs! Sooo gay. Sooo deliciously cheesy!
MST3K: The Amazing Colossal Man © 1957
Comment: One of my favorite MST3K episodes. Long out-of-print.
Swoon © 1992
Student Bodies © 1981
Comment: One of my all-time favorite horror movie spoofs. They just don't make 'em like this anymore. HIGHLY recommended! A Halloween tradition at my house. Why is this not on DVD, dammit?!!!
Nasser El Sonbaty: Nasser on the Way: Part 1 © 1999
Hit the Deck © 1955
Superman and the Mole Men © 1951
Curtains © 1983
Comment: This movie scares the shit out of me. I love it. A hard-to-find classic 80's slasher. Another Halloween tradition. God, I wish this was on DVD!
Vibes © 1988
Comment: One of my favorite not-so-guilty pleasures. Jeff Goldblum is hot (there is something soooo sexy about him...I can't put my finger on it, though) and Cyndi Lauper is loads of fun, as always. Just love her! I wish this was on DVD. :(
Wild Thing: Wrestle War '90 © 1990
Comment: Lex Luger all sweaty and actin' cocky. Me likee!
Summer Fling (AKA # The Last of the High Kings) © 1996
Comment: A great underrated 70's era movie. Check it out if you like that era...and Jared Leto...ROWR!
Terror Train © 1980
Comment: I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record at this point, but this is yet another Halloween tradition. Some majorly creepy shit! Plus, Hart Bochner is the epitomy of HOT in this movie! ROWR ROWR!

*To read Vol.1 click here. To read Vol. 2, click here!

3 Comments:

Blogger girlzoot said...

Okay I have both Swoon and Vibes on VHS, I had no idea they weren't on DVD that somehow makes me sad, and then glad that at least I have them in some form.

Friday, October 14, 2005 12:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ric Flair! Wooooooooooooooooo!

MST3K...the best ev-AR!

Friday, October 14, 2005 2:17:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Girlzoot-
Actually, Swoon is on DVD now, but I still need to buy it. It is sad when movies like Swoon and Vibes aren't on DVD, yet we have bullshit like Punk'd and Rock Star: INSX on DVD. WTF?

Kris-
I think I just saw an ad were Ric was gonna be wrestling again again at 56. Wow!

I love MST3K! Tom is my favorite and I have such a crush on Mike Nelson. What a cutie-face!

Sunday, October 16, 2005 10:19:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.