Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Upcoming DVD Releases Vol. 4

[R]= Rental [P]= Purchase [PVC]= Buy Previously-Viewed if Cheap


August 30
Olivia Newton-John: Video Gold 1 [P]
Comment: Contains videos/performances of:
Deeper Than The Night
A Little More Love
– (Version I)
Totally Hot
Landslide
Magic
Physical
Carried Away
A Little More Love
– (Version II)
Recovery
The Promise (The Dolphin Song)
Love Make Me Strong
Stranger’s Touch
Make A Move On Me
Falling
Silvery Rain
Hopelessly Devoted To You
Let Me Be There
(Live)
Please Mr. Please (Live)
If You Love Me, Let Me Know (Live)

Olivia Newton-John: Video Gold 2 [PVC]
Comment: Contains videos/performances of:
Twist Of Fate
Take A Chance
Livin’ In Desperate Times
Shaking You
Heart Attack
Tied Up
Soul Kiss
Culture Shock
Emotional Triangle
Toughen Up
The Right Moment
The Rumour
Can’t We Talk It Over In Bed
Reach Out For Me
I Need Love
I Honestly Love You
Sam
(Live)
Suddenly (Live)
You’re The One That I Want (Live)
Xanadu (Live)

The Jeff Corwin Experience: Out on a Limb [PVC]
Comment: God, Jeff looks so friggin' HOT in his tight little shirts and shorts. Such a cutie-face, and he's funny and has a personality! The perfect package.

Gay Republicans © 2004 [R]
Comment: Like a trainwreck you can't turn away from. I've just gotta see it. Truly frightening.

Girls Nite Out © 1984 [P]
Comment: Cheesy 80's slasher where the killer wears the university's mascot uniform (a bear suit), with knives as "claws." Bad, but you know I have a soft spot for all those 80's slashers.

McLibel © 2005 [R]

September 6
House on Haunted Hill: Colorized Edition © 1959 [PVC]
Saturday Night Live: SNL The First 5 Years [R]

Saturday Night Live: The Best of Gilda Radner [P]
Comment: It's about fuckin' time! This is LONG overdue! Finally!

September 13
Frankenstein © 2004 [P]
Psycho II © 1983 [PVC]
Psycho III © 1986 [PVC]

The Being [R]
Comment: I remember renting this movie AGES ago. Wow...soooo bad. All I really remember is that Ruth Buzzi was in it. Must rent it again and refresh my memory.

September 20
Jack O'Lantern © 2004 [R]
Comment: Since creating this post, I have rented...paid perfectly good money for this DVD. What a shitbomb. It should have been called Turd-o-Lantern. Oh my God, what a complete and utter waste of celluloid, not to mention $4. Why this was released in "Widescreen" is beyond me. Avoid like the plague!

October 4
The Best of Abbott and Costello: Volume 4 [P]
Comment: Have all of these so far. LOVE them!
Contains:
Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde © 1953
Abbott and Costello Meet the Keystone Kops © 1955
Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy © 1955
Abbott and Costello Meet the Monsters

October 11
High Tension © 2003 [R]

The Dark © 1979 [P]
Comment: I haven't seen this one forever! Los Angeles is being stalked by a seven-foot alien that decapitates its victims and shoots laser beams from its eyes! Eek! Stars Cathy Lee Crosby and Mr. American Bandstand himself, Casey Kasem. Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the tourniquets.

October 18
Le Samourai © 1967 [P]
Comment: I've been waiting for this one for a lonnnng time. Alain Delon....ROWR! Perfection.

The Batman vs Dracula: The Animated Movie © 2005 [R]

October 25
Effects © 1980 [P]
Comment: An 80's slasher I haven't seen! One of those movie within a movies where the killer from the movie is killing people in real life.

Single White Female 2: The Psycho © 2005 [R]

Clockwatchers © 1997 [P]
Comment: Has one of the best scenes ever, with Parker Posey at a nearby bar's Happy Hour. A must-see. Great, underrated film!

November 1
Millions © 2004 [R]

November 11
Edward Scissorhands: Widescreen Anniversary Edition © 1990 [P]
Comment: One of those few movies I'll actually buy the "special" edition of. Beautiful movie. Fond memories.

November 15
Yogi Bear: The Complete Series [P]

November 22
Son of Kong © 1933 [P]
Mighty Joe Young © 1949 [P]
Comment: Hurray for monkeys gone amuck!

December 6
Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald Volume 2 [P]
Walt Disney Treasures: Disney Rarities [P]

December 27
Dark Water: Unrated Edition © 2005 [R]

*Not shown:
October 4
Kolchak: The Night Stalker: The Complete Series [P]

4 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

OMG!!! Psycho II and III are being re-released?! I LOOOVE the Psycho movies.

*scrambles over to Amazon.com*

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Psycho movies reminded me that I saw former teen idol Tab Hunter on Larry King the other night. He was talking about his coming out of the closet finally and that one his longest relationships was with friend and fellow actor, Anthony Perkins. It's amazing how many celebrities from the past were closeted, and actually how freakin' undetectable the older generation gay actors were, like Rock Hudson(they almost seem normal! ha ha, that's just a joke). Although, Paul Lynde certainly wasn't hiding. Neat stuff.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 2:13:00 PM  
Blogger Dennis! said...

You KNOW I already own both Olivia DVDs. They're remarkably cheesy -- I love her to death, but when videos were in their infancy, they were really really bad and, sad to say, a little boring. But then I love her and just love to see her whatever the hell she's doing.

McLibel looks awesome. I missed it when it was in the indie theaters here. Must go rent that.

ohjjxy

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Nathan-
Yep! I was pretty excited too. I love the sequels, though I think III is my favorite, though II has some great moments too. I'll be buying them. :D

Rene-
Are you trying to tell me that Paul Lynde was gay? I guess next you'll be telling me Liberace was gay too. Hmph!

Dennis!-
Of course I had you in mind when I posted the Olivia DVDs. I already own one of her music video DVD compilations (I had to have the video for Physical).

I agree. I can't wait to see McLibel, not to mention Gay Republicans. Scary! Just in time for Halloween!

Sunday, October 16, 2005 10:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.