Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Little Doofus on the Prairie

Back in June I blogged about how I'd taught myself to make animated gifs. Keeping my promise, I haven't gone gif-happy with the blog. However, some things just translate better in the right medium. I initially tried doing this in a series of jpgs, but it just didn't have the same effect, so I opted to make an animated gif.

Here's the set up: Recently, while watching an episode of Little House on the Prairie, I noticed a scene where obviously something unscripted took place. It was the episode where the town was celebrating Founder's Day, with all kinds of contests and games. At one point the mayor announces that the Tug-O-War is about to begin. Determined to upstage nasty Nellie Olesen, Laura sprints over to their table where they are having a picnic and announces "My Pa is gonna win the Tug-O-War!!!", then proceeds to run smack dab into the gatepost. LMAO! I died laughing! So, here it is in crude animated gif form. I intentionally slowed it down at the point where she eats wood! Check out her face! It cracks me up. I know. I'm easily amused.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Sugarfoot-
AH, I'm glad someone appreciated it! It cracked me up, but then I guess I'm easily amused.

Thanks for commenting! :)

Sunday, October 09, 2005 8:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.