Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I Met the Nicest Serial Killer at the Grocery Store Tonight!

Well, okay, maybe he wasn't really a serial killer, but he looked doggone scary. So scary in fact, when I passed him on the pasta aisle, I could have kicked myself for not having my camera at the ready. Well, as fate would have it, he ended up behind me in line at the checkout. Since he only had milk and cheese and I had a shopping cart full of groceries, I offered for him to go in front of me, if he wanted to. He said 'thank you' and the conversation took off from there. We talked about McDonald's 99¢ salads among other things. Long story short, he turned out to be a really nice guy. He waved goodbye as he left. I had mixed emotions. I felt crummy and happy at the same time. Crummy 'cause I assumed he wanted to disembowel me and use my lower intestines as a jump rope, then happy because he turned out to be such a friendly person in a world full of crummy people. It just goes to show you, you can't judge a book by its' cover. This concludes my heart-warming tale for today. Thank you.

0 Comments:

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.