Friday, October 08, 2004

Debatin' 2: Electoral Boogaloo

Well, tonight marks Round 2 of the presidential debates. I find it mildly amusing to watch, 'cause it's kinda like a game. I try and see how many made up words Bush will come up with. Last time I thought I caught one with "denegrates." As it turned out I was spelling it wrong (denigrates). Karma just bit me on the ass. Doh!

With the populous maintaining that Kerry "won" the last debate and John Edwards holding his own in the VP debate with Mao, er, Cheney, it'll be interesting to see where tonight's debate takes us. As I go about my daily routine, I check in with the various blogs I enjoy reading, as well as browsing a few new ones. The election and the debates seem to be the hot topic these days. And then there's MY blog with articles about Frankenstein and Doritos. Me smert!
Here are a few interesting tidbits I have run across while in the "blogosphere" lately:
• Fellow blogger The Cunning Linguist over at Convoluted Insanity, posted about how, according to Reuters, Bush's hometown of Crawford, Texas isn't even endorsing him, due to his handling of the war, the budget deficit, Social Security and Medicare! Wow. That's just sad.
• Over at the blog Cannonfire, there's photographic proof that Bush was wearing a wireless transmitter/receiver/earpiece during the first debate with Kerry last week. Gee, what a surprise. You mean he's not naturally eloquent? :^p It gets better. Apparently this isn't the first time (*shock!*) During the broadcast of the D-Day memorial, CNN microphones accidentally picked up the signal transmitted into Bush's earpiece. You can plainly hear a phantom voice feeding Bush his lines. Cannonfire has the downloadable audio on his blog, if you're so inclined. Veddy interesteeng. I suspected it all along. That explains all the "uhs"... well, mostly. Whatta idjit.

And last, but certainly not least, I leave you with one of my favorite "Bushisms": When caught using subliminal technique in his dirty ads against Gore... "...I don't need to be subliminabable.."-Orlando, FL, Sept. 12. Yeesh. His poor English teacher. Tune in tonight @ 8PM (CST)for more of the same. Check local listings for time and channel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.