Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Ephemera

I went to a flea market this past weekend and found a few goodies. I had to dig through a lot of dusty ol' boxes, but it was worth it in the end. I really liked these two pieces in particular, but I couldn't tell you why exactly. The first one is an old (1941) fortune card like you'd get out of one of those old fortune teller machines.

The other is just some random receipt (for $1, no less!) that I found interesting. I don't wanna get all fruity and say "I was drawn to it, or that it "spoke" to me, but it did stand out from all the other scraps of paper. I did a little research, out of curiosity, and it turns out that The "A.T. & S.F. Railway System" stands for The Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway, which was one of the largest railroads in the United States and was founded in 1859. Click on the hyperlink to see some really interesting pictures from its' heydays and to read some interesting information about its' history.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love stuff like that. Even the oddest bits and pieces are like tiny gateways into the past.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 8:28:00 AM  
Blogger girlzoot said...

This stuff is so cool. I love finding little things like that, never sure what to do with it, but I love finding it.

Monday, December 11, 2006 1:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.