Saturday, December 03, 2005

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-whY

You gotta hand it to Saturdays. They're the best. Besides the whole 'weekend' factor, you gotta love Saturdays for the incredibly bad TV.

It seems like a lot of my TV memories happen to fall on Saturday afternoons, when KTVT Channel 11 was perpetually showing something I felt compelled to watch for whatever reason: Frogs, One Dark Night, Dark Night of the Scarecrow, Asylum, etc.

So, today I came to the conclusion that I'm really bored. How do I quantify 'bored,' you may ask. Well, I'm watching Mexican television. Jaws: The Revenge, to be exact. And I don't even speak Spanish. But I swear I heard one of them say "lock 'n load," but I could be wrong. It's all Greek to me. Like Fred Sanford of TV's Sanford & Son always used to say when someone would greet him with "buenos noches: "Yeah, bones and nachos to you too."

I have now watched Halloween (it was a boring Saturday in October), Leprechaun (boring Saturday in March) and some Jean Claude Van Damme movie...all in Spanish. Wow. How incredibly sad.

And it's not all confined to the Mexican channel. Sci-Fi is showing some shitball movie called Frankenfish right now. You know it's gonna be bad when someone named "Tory Kittles" is the lead. Not to mention that one of the main characters just discovered some mutant fish scale that resembles a small hand fan: "It's a fish scale, but I've never seen one this big before!" Delectable!

Hopefully your Saturday is far more interesting and/or productive than mine is turning out to be. I'd blog more, but I have to go watch Retard Cinema, or whatever it's called.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cole said...

My Saturday has been chalk full of f'ing homework - ugh. I watched Requiem for a Dream last nite - still mulling over that one - what is up with T.V. lately anyway, I swear to God if I see Bring It On one more time I may Bring It On my badself - anyway, have a good one!!

Saturday, December 03, 2005 4:35:00 PM  
Blogger Samantha J. said...

I would go crazy without cable tv on the weekends especially saturday afternoons and sunday's! Nothin' but infomercials! Ugh! I hate that shit! I would be so bored i would want to cry!

Sunday, December 04, 2005 12:14:00 AM  
Blogger Wally Banners said...

lmao jaws in spanish rofl.

Sunday, December 04, 2005 3:12:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Cole-
Ooh, I loved Requiem for a Dream! Visually, it was beautiful, subject matter-wise, it was disturbing. Has an incredible soundtrack (and remix soundtrack as well!)

Well, if you liked Bring It On, you'll love Bring It On Again!! All the fun of the original with half the calories! Mmmmm! ....not.

Nccountry-
Tell me about it! And to think that the fuckin' old farts in the Senate want to dictate what we see on cable now is just fuckin' outta control. Can you believe that shit? The whole point (like it's always been) with cable is that it's optional. If you don't like the content, don't get cable! It really is that simple!

Wally Banners-
It's true! I have to say seeing Halloween in Spanish was some funny shit! To hear Jamie Lee Curtis scream in Spanish cracked me UP! Wow. They pick some really bad "actors/actresses" to do that dubbing. Geez.

Thanks for commenting! :)

Elizabeth-
Coming in 2006- TWICE the links, half the carbs! You asked for it, you got it! But seriously, you wouldn't believe how many people over in Blog Explosion chat have had many a sleepless night concerned over the number of links and buttons I have on my blog. LOL! It still baffles me as to why they give a shit. Those crazy bastards.

And trust me, I so can relate to your lament at the loss of "old school" Saturday afternoon television. I miss a lot of things about television in general. I long for the "good ol' days" when there were 3-4 commercials between breaks...now there can be up to 12! I hate the new station identification logos permanently plastered at the bottom of the screen. I hate that our TV shows have to be proceeded by warnings and assorted ratings before you can actually watch the show. I hate all the commercials for fuckin' antidepressants, dick-hardeners and assorted Herpes, menstruation and allergy medications. I miss Movie Macabre hosted by Elvira. I miss animated Halloween, Easter and Christmas specials. It's all just so sad to see how ultrasensitive our society has come when it comes to leaving it up to the government to raise their children. Sad, sad, sad.

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)

mIndink-
Yeaaaah! I miss that. I miss sprinting to refill my Coke, take a bathroom break or unload the clothes dryer during the commercials. I miss those occasions where I got to see those movies I hadn't seen, like Friday the 13th or Halloween, for the very first time! I miss watching Wild Kingdom and knowing that I could depend on there being at least 2 Halloween/Christmas specials that month. Sigh....good times. :)

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 2:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.