Friday, November 25, 2005

Dingleberries, Start Your Engines!

It's that time of year again. When we get together with loved ones, count our blessings and stomp the shit out of our fellow man, all in the name of scoring the bargain du jour on the disposable crap du jour that will make our holiday complete. You had me at "Xbox 360." Jeezuuus...people are fuckin' garbage. Read on:
_____________________________________

ELKTON, Maryland (AP) — A melee erupted among a crowd of shoppers in the rush for the new Xbox 360 video game console at a Wal-Mart Supercenter in northeast Maryland.

It took 10 police officers to restore order.

A crowd of about 300 people waited as much as 12 hours for the game, considered a must-have item this holiday season, to go on sale at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday. But an announcement from a store manager that the Xboxes would be sold on a first-come, first-served basis, instead of using a number system devised by customers, triggered the mayhem.

"That's when all hell broke loose," said Ben DiSabatino IV, a 23-year-old Bear, Delaware, resident, who had been waiting in line since 4 p.m.

Some customers were knocked down and trampled, though there were no serious injuries, said Elkton Police Lt. Lawrence Waldridge.

Wal-Mart canceled the sale and police ordered everyone to leave.

_____________________________________

It's the annual Running of the Ignorant Assholes; let the savings commence! When I read this story I had a serious case of deja vu. I thought to myself "Hasn't this become somewhat of a tradition at Wal-Mart? Didn't I read something similar to this before?" Yes. Yes, I did. And though Wal-Mart seems to be the reigning king of the trailer park, when it comes to these 'incidents,' it's happening all over the place. I'll admit I like to save money as much as the next person, but when it gets this outta control, I find it ugly and disgusting. How can these "winners" live with themselves, knowing they "scored" some bargain at the expense of another human being's welfare? Read on for more holiday cheer:

72-year-old Woman Injured at Sawgrass Brandsmart; Mayhem Breaks Out at Kendall Wal-Mart

Bargain-hungry Shoppers

Let the Shopping Frenzy Begin

3 Comments:

Blogger Samantha J. said...

Woah! Well i was gonna stay overnight at my boyfriends moms so that i could go shopping with her the next day, then something told me just to go ahead and go home. I don't even like big crowds anyway!

Saturday, November 26, 2005 9:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what's more amusing: the fact that riots broke out, or the fact that people are dumb enough to bitch about not getting whatever it is they waited in line for. As if Walmart really gives a shit either way.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 1:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Nccountry-
Ugh, I HATE the whole Xmas shopping "frenzy." I've participated in "Black Friday" only once, like 8 years ago, and I said never again. I too am SO not into the crowd thing. It's nuts. I did do some early-bird shopping, but where I went there was ZERO crowd. LOL! The jokes on all those idiots standing in line at Kohl's, Sears, JCPenney, Wal-Mart, etc. Wa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Kris-
Oh trust me, Wal-Mart soooo could not give a shit. It pisses me off that they continue to get away with perpetuating this riot shit each year. It's ridiculous. I'm still waiting for the year someone dies trying to get a plasma screen TV for $15. Morons.

Monday, November 28, 2005 6:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.