Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Collage Casserole

*I take a lot of photos with my digital camera. After I've used some of them in my posts, I often times have some leftover images. These are those photos.


[1] Crispy, crunchy, tri-colored bell peppers! Mmmm! On sale too! Great for freezing and using later.

[2] Aaaiiigggh! It's monkey madness at the Hangman's House of Horrors! One of the many various haunted houses that opens up every Halloween.

[3] Mmmmm Prairie Belt Smoked Sausage. Bleah. I hate "Vienna Sausage" so I know I'd probably hate this too. But it has a great label!

[4] Boxes of Halloween cookies at a nearby grocery store.

[5] One of the various graffiti-like paintings at my favorite place to eat pizza: Nizza Pizza. I enjoyed a few slices of their delicious, oven-baked pizza just the other night. One of the great things about their pizza: Reheated in the oven at 300º for 12 minutes and the crust is crispy, crunchy and just as delicious as the day you ordered it! Now that's good pizza. You sure can't do that with most pizza chain pizza.

Recently overheard while having dinner there: "...one day these boobs are gonna milk all over you. Ready boobs? Start milkin'!" Um....okaaay

[6] A late lunch/dinner at my favorite BBQ place. I was in the mood for an ice-cold root beer, so I thought 'why not' and ordered both root beer and tea (I drink a lot). I always order an extra bun because the portions for the sandwiches are insanely large. Enough for me to make 2 sandwiches! Mmmmm, chopped beef BBQ!

[7] My birthday cake! I order one every year. I stopped having them put my name on it, since: [A] I know who I am now. And [B] No more sad, pitiful looks from the cashier, baker, assorted employees once they realize I've ordered my own birthday cake. Whatevva. I do what I want.

[8/9] I took these pictures especially for my friend Cheeky. I once blogged about picking up some fresh, hot kolaches from the local Shipley's Donuts, and she commented on how she misses them. I present ham/cheese kolache and sausage/cheese kolache. Mmmmmm!

[10] What a wonderful omen to see parked next to me at a stoplight...on my birthday. *sigh*

[11] Giant jack o' lantern!! I first noticed this huge, inflated pumpkin while on my way home from Fort Worth. Yet another sign that Halloween is a comin'. This is one of the various Halloween stores that pop ups around this time of year. Chock-full of spooky things to make that Halloween party just right. Fun!

[12] The perfect fall day to air out some of my favorite snuggly blankets and throws. Even Mister Bunny got a little freshening up! Mmmm! Thanks Antibacterial Febreze!

[13] A picturesque photo I decided to take while in transit home. One of the few patches of road that wasn't littered with dead bodies. I swear to God, I dunno what happened. As I drew closer to my parents home they were everywhere: Armadillos, raccoons, possums, turtles, dogs, cats, koalas (I just threw that last one in there to see if you were paying attention). You name it. Maybe they had a conversation with my mother. That'd do it.

First off, I'm one of those people (pussies?) that prefers to avert his eyes and think happy thoughts anytime I drive near where an animal has been run over. It just makes me sad and kinda churns my stomach. HOWEVER, at the risk of sounding overly morbid, I actually contemplated taking a few pictures of some of them. Not the disgusting ones, but some of the ones that struck me as funny. I know that sounds contradictory, but let me explain. There was this one armadillo (a raccoon too) that was literally lying on his back with all four feet straight up in the air. Stiff as a board. It just made me chuckle because it looked just like in all those cheesy cartoons I grew up with. Annnyway, I didn't do it (said sulkingly). [1] 'cause I thought someone out there might get all up in my Kool-Aid and [2] I was running on fumes and needed to get to a gas station ASAP. So see, I do have a conscience...sorta.

[14] "What's taking you so damn long?! How long's it take to return a video? Hey! There's a PetsMart nearby! Get me some Pup-Peroni!"

[15] Lunch on a rainy afternoon at Catfish Sam's, a locally-owned retaurant; Chicken strips, a baked potato and a side of gravy for dippin' (can you tell I'm a pepper fiend?). The irony: In all the years that I've frequented this place, I've never once ordered fish. Weird, huh? Great complimentary hushpuppies basket, though!

[16] The Catfish Sam's logo, freshly-painted on various discs around the building.

3 Comments:

Blogger RagDoll said...

I love your photo montages. I've missed you! I'm back in the thick of things (somewhat) so I hope to catch up on your blog!

I am such a major slacker. Not only have I forgotten to post the goodie I found you a couple months ago, I have lost it in my black hole of an office! I vow that you will receive it this year!!!

*What is with the monkeys? I seem to zoom right in on them whenever you post the scary things! LOL.

Now I want to eat some really good fried southern food...MMMM pepper....mmm FRIED FOOD.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:17:00 AM  
Blogger M said...

I love it when animals will dress up as cooks, fry a member of their own species and serve it with a bon apétit! I knew it was ok not to be a vegetarian!

And I always wanted to do that -- buy a proper birthday cake for myself, but they're so expensive... and I recently heard a lot of people complain they're usually not very good. I hope yours was tasty.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:39:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Ragdoll-
Hey stranger! Long time no chat! I've missed you too! I'm glad things are back in the groove, so to speak.

Thank you! I'm glad someone besides me likes my montages! LOL! You know me, I'm addicted to them. I couldn't stop if I tried.

Don't sweat the goodie that's MIA. Trust me, I can sooooo relate. Somewhere around here are Christmas decorations and Christmas cards, but who knows if I'll ever recover them.

You luv da monkeys! heh heh. And they luv you too. They want to nuzzle your neck and give you sweet sweet monkey kisses. *mwah!*

You are missin' out on some goooood chicken, here in Texas! BBQ, too. As a matter of fact, my latest obsession is this new garlic/black pepper sourdough bread that the local bakery makes now. OMG, it is soooo good. It's just screaming to be dipped in some chicken fettucini or warm marinara sauce! M-m-m-m!

Thanks for commenting! I'm happy to hear from you! :D

Mariana-Heh heh, I have to admit I've always gotten a kick out of animals that dress up, period. Especially when they wear pants. I dunno why, but that cracks me up!

Actually, I've ordered cakes from 3 or 4 different places over the years and our local Kroger grocery store is my favorite. They use the real butter cream icing, not that lo-cal whipped crap that I detest. I always order a white cake. I loooooove white cake. Chocolate is good, but I prefer chocolate cake when I make it. I leave the white cakes to the pros. And luckily, they're not that expensive here. Around $8, depends on what size you get. Nothing beats a nice wedge of white cake with an ice-cold glass of milk! Yum! :)

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 11:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.