Friday, December 02, 2005

80's Book Memories - Vol. 3: Private School Series


Well, this concludes my 3-part series on my favorite 80's young adult book series. The Private School book series was the last series of books that I was an avid fan of. Published in the late 80's, these type of young adult book series were steadily losing steam, while craptacular watered-down versions in the form of Goosebumps and Fear Street were beginning to build momentum.

The Private School series, whose tagline read "When Classes End, The Horror Begins...," was a series of 6 ongoing stories that revolved around an exclusive boarding school known as Thaler Academy. Little do the students know that the school and even the town is infested with werewolf-like aliens, who have bloodlust and world domination on their collective mind.

The chills came fast and furious, so I was never bored. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I loved the covers. Werewolves creep me out to begin with, so needless to say, all the covers creeped me out.

There were six books in all. I just ordered and received the last 2 books in the series. I can't wait to go back to School!

4 Comments:

Blogger M said...

That last werewolf looks kinda sexy... ;)

Friday, December 02, 2005 5:39:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana-
Aaaiiiggghh! Don't say that! I can't hear you! ::puts fingers in ears:: LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

;)

Friday, December 02, 2005 9:18:00 AM  
Blogger mondo retro said...

HOLY CRAP I LOVE THIS BLOG!!!!!!! and sooooo many links! wheeeee!

Friday, December 02, 2005 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mondo retro-
Thank you! Coming from you, that's quite a compliment. I feel the same way about your blog! I feel like I've found a kindred kitsch soul! :)

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 2:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.