Thursday, February 17, 2005

Virtual Art Gallery: Part I

Being the avid collector of images I find online, I have accumulated a lot of different categories of images over time. Today's entry is part 1 of a 2-part blog, comprised of various art work that I like. Inspired by my friend Gatochy, whose blog is always beautiful, inspirational and original.

• Unknown: File was originally titled "Birthday cake"
• Unknown: File was originally titled "Circled voice"
• Unknown Artist: Oil on canvas
• 'Self Portrait' Artist: Greg Nanamura
• 'Son of Man' Artist: Rene Magritte
• Artist: Jacques Louise David
• 'Portrait of a Gentleman' Artist: Henri Martine, 1937
• 'Red Circles Square' Artist: Ruth Adler
• Unknown Photographer: Color photograph: Subway bench
• Unknown Photographer: Color photograph: Mannequin window reflection
• Unknown Artist: B&W still life
• Unknown Photographer: B&W photograph: Male nude
• 'The Perfect Gentleman: Self Portrait' Artist: Fakir Musafar, 1959
• Unknown Photographer: Color photograph: Fall leaves on surface of water
• Unknown: File was originally titled "Patriot"

*If you know the artist or the title of any of the "Unknown" pieces, feel free to let me know.

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

You're always so kind to me Kirk, thanks for your sweet words. :)

I wish I could help, but I don't know the names of the authors or art works. My favorite is the photo with the leafs on the water -- for some reason I've always liked that subject in photos, I just think it looks so beautiful and placid...

Great post!

Thursday, February 17, 2005 7:22:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Aw, well, I'm just being honest. I feel guilty for not getting around to commenting on your blog entries more often, but I get sidetracked or forget. But even if I don't always comment, I do always enjoy all the great visuals, stories and perspectives.

I agree about the leaves/water subject. I thought that photo was amazing. The colors alone did it for me.

I'm glad you liked my post. I enjoyed making it. Thanx! :)

Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:17:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.