Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Stamp-Happy

I like stamps. I'm not what one might consider a philatelist or anything, but on occasion I do like to buy certain stamps merely for their beauty.

The first time I remember buying stamps merely for the design, was back in 1989 when the US Postal Service issued a series of Classic Movies postage stamps that featured images from The Wizard of Oz, Beau Geste (my personal favorite), etc.

I also fondly remember when they issued Comic Strip Classics featuring characters from the Sunday comics (Nancy, Blondie, Popeye, etc.). They were so colorful. Unlike any other stamps I'd seen. I had to buy them.

Something happened recently that forced me to start rummaging through all my storage boxes full of keepsakes, mementos and old photographs. In the process I stumbled across all kinds of treasures, postage stamps just being a small part. As I come across more of my stamp "collection" I'll be posting them. I hope you like what you see.

In the meantime, not much has changed over the years. I'm still a slave to eyecandy and the post office seems to be releasing more and more stamps that I "have to have." Here are the latest ones I've bought. They're still available if you're interested, so go get some today!

[ Click Images For A Larger Version ]





2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Yay, you found out how to do clickable images, good for you! :) And cute stamps!

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 3:06:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Gatochy-
I couldn't have done it without your help. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm now in love with thumbnail images! Hurray!

Glad you liked the stamps, too. They're great, aren't they? Especially the Noguchi ones!

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 6:28:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.