Thursday, January 27, 2005

Million for Marriage

Not being a big advocate of most things political, I try not to bog the blog (hey! that rhymed!) down with lots of buttons and doohickeys for this cause or that. HOWEVER, I did sign a petition today for gay marriage and thought those of you who might be interested, might want to go sign it too. Personally, I don't want to ever get married, much less raise children (ACK!), but if someone else wants to, more power to 'em. Besides, for me, it's a more of a matter of principle (i.e. democracy... remember that?) than anything else.

So, feel free to sign it (or not), and if you don't get around to it today, I've also added a button in the left-hand column, that I will leave there until the 1,000, 000 signatures goal is met. They're already at more than halfway there. Thanks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave2 said...

The last time I wrote in support of gay marriage on my blog, I got a death threat (well, not a specific death threat... the redneck just thought he'd let me know that "you need to be shot f@&&ot lover!"). How charming! Thanks for the petition note.

http://www.blogography.com/archives/2004/08/happiness.html

Thursday, January 27, 2005 2:39:00 PM  
Blogger jexebel said...

Aww, it's too lovely for you to provide the link. Thank you so much for supposrting such a worthy cause, and even more for making a public stand for it.

Thursday, January 27, 2005 2:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's always the flip-side though, the ugly reality of divorce...which you don't have to deal with if you're not married.

Friday, January 28, 2005 1:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Dave2-
No fair! I never get any disgruntled hillbillies on my blog! Even after my pro-Scott Peterson blog an everythin'! Oh well, maybe some day.

Thanks for leaving a comment on an important subject.

Jexebel-
Well hi there! What a nice thing to say. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Stacy-
You sweet angel. Always thinking of others. I couldn't agree more. We should abolish marriage altogether. No more divorce would also mean no more alimony or pesky custody battles! Sweet!

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 1:50:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.