Monday, November 29, 2004

Autumn In Texas II

[1] The trees in my backyard are finally changing color.
[2] The clock in the nearby small town of Handley, where I rent videos and like to shop.
[3] The creepy Billy Goats Gruff-style-underpass that I have to go under on my way to the library. Spooky. More so when a train is passing overhead.
[4] The chicken vending machine in a nearby fried chicken place that has AMAZING chicken strips and gravy. If you get a golden egg, you win a stuffed chicken! They have them up front and they are really cute. I didn't get a golden egg, but all the eggs have prizes inside. I got a tattoo.
[5] Some insanely green grass in front of the BBQ place I like to frequent. So vivid, I had to take a picture. Beautiful.
[6] The statue of Saint Francis, the patron saint of animals & the environment, in my backyard.
[7] The bark on the trunk of one of the biggest trees in my backyard, right after it rained.
[8] Jesus Christ! The lights in some stores leave me squinting and reaching for my shades. This office supply store in particular is INSANELY bright. I feel like friggin' Gizmo: Bright light! Bright light!
[9] Some cutie-pie working on a water main in a nearby apt. complex. I wanted to give him kisses.
[10] My freakshow next door neighbor's tree in her front yard. Very beautiful. I can't say the same for her. She's a real 24k squirrel. I'll write more about her at a later date.
[11] The north corner of my garage as seen through the car windshield. Pretty.
[12] Captain D's beckons me to come in and partake of some fish 'n chips.
[13] It's that time of year! Feelin' noggy?
[14] This picture doesn't begin to convey how huge and freakishly orange this guy's legs were. I took this while standing in line at the post office. As you know, I normally like to sink my teeth into beefalicious calves. Well, in this case, they belonged to some senior citizen who obviously was an advocate of QT self-tanning lotion. Disturbing on so many levels.
[15] A prime example of the kind of retarded assholes I come in contact with on a daily basis. This dumb motherfucker managed to take up TWO parking spaces, most likely because they don't know how to maneuver this gas guzzler. Moron!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[12] I lived in Dallas for two years and never once saw a Captain D's.

Where's it located?

:: Mona ::

Monday, November 29, 2004 8:41:00 AM  
Blogger M said...

I love your photos, you have such great taste.

Monday, November 29, 2004 2:41:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mona-
Hi! Actually, the Captain D's I go to is located in Grand Prairie. I live in Arlington. To get there I go East on Pioneer Parkway. There are also some off I-20 West, in Fort Worth and one on West Camp Bowie. I wish we had one here in Arlington. I prefer them to Long John Silver's (though, they're good, too). Thanks for stoppin' by!

Gatochy-
Thanks so much! I really needed that right now. :) I just take pictures of things I find "pretty" and/or interesting. As you can tell, there's really no rhyme or reason to most of my photos.

Thursday, December 02, 2004 3:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.