Monday, June 19, 2006

The Finish Line is Within Sight

Well, jury duty is slowly drawing to a close. I think we begin deliberation today, so this will all be over sometime early this week. I have so much to blog about (regarding the process, the people, the experience, etc.), but I can tell you this: I am ready for it to be over. I'm surrounded by people I can't relate to and I'm exhausted from exerting the energy to keep up this whole facade of being "sociable." To be quite honest, it's depressing me.

So, I heard this song on the radio the other night and part of the lyrics totally hit home with me. The song, titled I Don't Wanna Be, is sung by Gavin DeGraw:

I don't want to be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
All I have to do is think about me and I have peace of mind
I'm tired of looking 'round rooms wondering what I gotta do
Or who I'm supposed to be
I don't want to be anything other than me

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you. Most people just seem like aliens to me. Their mindsets, needs, and desires are just foreign. But anyway, here's some vibes that you finish up quickly with sanity intact.

Monday, June 19, 2006 7:14:00 AM  
Blogger Maven said...

YOU are enough... being who you are and true to yourself is MORE THAN ENOUGH...Relish it, enjoy it and day f*ck ya to anyone who doesn't get it...

Saturday, June 24, 2006 6:51:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Cheryl-
Exactly. Totally alien. While they're all getting hardons over last nights basketball game, golf and how many carbs their breakfast bar has, I'm sitting there wondering "Why do people feel pressured to make small talk?" If there's a gap of silence will we all cease to exist? Oy

Thanks for commenting. Glad to know it's not just me.

Nuggetmaven-
Thank you! Seriously. As dramalicious as it sounds, being around all these people has me seriously questioning my existance. I've never felt so alone in my life!

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I feel better now. :)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 11:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.