Thursday, October 27, 2005

Cockroach!

When summer rolls around here in Texas, it seems like the "water bugs" as people around here call them (I still call them roaches), seem to come out of nowhere. And the fact that I live in a neighborhood filled with mature trees doesn't help (roaches love trees of any kind). Thankfully, the few I do see, stay within the confines of the garage and rarely get into the house.

One evening, I had to go into the garage to look for something and to bundle up a pile of newspapers that had been accumulating way too long. After turning on the light and opening the screen door, I walked down the steps into the garage. Before I could start searching for what I was looking for, I detected movement out of the corner of my left eye. When I looked up to see what it was (it was a huge roach on the wall) it took flight off the wall and landed on my face, in the corner of my left eye! Before I could react, it scuttled down my face and tried to crawl into my left nostril! I freaked-the-fuck-out, knocked it away from my face and did that thing that everyone does when something really gross has just happened to them. You know, that garbled "bleargh!" sound while you shiver and cringe, hunching your shoulders. GAH! The fact that I didn't trip over something and impale myself trying to get away from it is a miracle in itself!

Now, every time I enter the garage, I look out the screen door before I proceed down the steps. Needless to say, I'm a little gunshy. It was weeks before the feeling of phantom cockroach legs scurrying across my face subsided. I couldn't wash my face enough. Blech!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

EEK EEK EEK EWW EWW EWW GROSS GROSS GROSS...I HATE ROACHES!!!!

Thursday, October 27, 2005 3:29:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

BEPS-
Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying them. Most of them seem to be gliding under the radar it seems. Maybe my idea of creepy isn't necessarily universal.

Can you imagine feeling the hind legs of one of those gross things scuttling across your lips? BLARGH!

Princes Wild Cow-
Roaches like to snuggle in your ear canal when your sleeping. Is that so wrong?

Sugarfoot-
BUT, they're low in carbs, and isn't that what's really important? ;)

Sunday, October 30, 2005 5:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.